Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man has been charged with drugs offences after being stopped by police in Chantry.
The 29-year-old was stopped by officers from the Sentinel south team on patrol in Robin Drive on Thursday evening, July 29.
The man and a 32-year-old woman were both detained for a search under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
A quantity of suspected cocaine was reportedly found in the vehicle.
The woman was arrested on suspicion with intent to supply class A drugs and for being disqualified from driving and was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
She was later released under investigation.
Shamir Kakeli, of no fixed address, was charged was possession with intent to supply class A drugs and being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 3 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 6 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 9 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 10 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
Kakeli appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, July 31, and was remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on August 27.