Stowmarket woman arrested after teenage boy assaulted in Ipswich
- Credit: Google
A 41-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with an assault on a teenage boy in Ipswich this weekend.
The boy was left with injuries to his leg after another male assaulted him before leaving the scene in a waiting car, thought to contain two other people.
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment and has since been discharged.
The assault happened on Saturday, November 20, between 2pm and 2.10pm in the grounds of Holy Trinity Church in Back Hamlet, Ipswich.
On the afternoon of Monday, November 22, a woman from Stowmarket was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.
She has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where she currently remains for questioning.
Police believe the victim and his assailant were known to each other and believe there is no further threat to the community.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 7 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 8 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 9 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 10 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
Detectives are continuing to appeal for any witnesses to this incident and ask anyone with information to contact South CID at Landmark House in Ipswich, quoting reference number 65671/21.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.