Teenager denies stabbing man in Ipswich
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A teenager has denied stabbing a man in Ipswich and has been remanded in custody ahead of his next court appearance.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named due to his age, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich on Wednesday to face charges relating to an alleged stabbing in Downside Close.
He pleaded not guilty to wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon (a knife) in a public place.
The teenager will now appear back at Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich on Wednesday, February 3 for a further hearing.
Magistrates remanded the teenager in custody ahead of his next court appearance.
Police were called at just before 4.50pm on Monday to reports that a man had been stabbed in Downside Close.
The man, aged 18, was subsequently taken by car to hospital where he is receiving treatment to his injuries. His condition is described as stable.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 6 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash