Cyclist suffers head injury after crash with car in Dales Road, Ipswich
A cyclist was taken to hospital with a head injury after being involved in a crash in Dales Road, Ipswich, this afternoon.
Emergency services were called at around 12.45pm to reports that a car and a cyclist had been involved in a collision.
A spokesman from Suffolk police said a blue Peugeot 208 was the vehicle involved, and that a cyclist had suffered a head injury.
A spokesman from the East of England Ambulance Service, said: “We dispatched a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance crew to assist who treated a man, believed to be in his 40s, for a head injury before taking him to Ipswich Hospital for further care.”
The cyclist was conscious and breathing and no critical care teams were needed for his treatment, the spokesman added.
His injuries were not believed to be serious.
No other injuries were reported for the car motorists.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station