Cyclists launch vicious attack
THREE people were attacked by a man wielding a lump of wood as they walked home from a night out in Felixstowe, it was revealed today.The injured – who needed hospital treatment – were among a group of ten young men and women and were outside Allenby Park when the incident happened.
THREE people were attacked by a man wielding a lump of wood as they walked home from a night out in Felixstowe, it was revealed today.
The injured – who needed hospital treatment – were among a group of ten young men and women and were outside Allenby Park when the incident happened.
Police said the group was walking home along Constable Road when they saw two men riding bikes.
An argument occurred with the men and this then turned into a scuffle between the two cyclists and some of the men in the group.
You may also want to watch:
During the incident one of the men who had initially been riding a bike left the fight and returned minutes later with a lump of wood he found nearby.
He then attacked the group with the wood, leaving a 19-year-old girl with cuts to her wrist and leg, a 20-year-old man with reddening to his ear, and another 20 year-old man suffered a cut under his eye and reddening to his shoulder and neck area.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
The two men then cycled off.
The three who were injured were taken to the minor injuries unit at Felixstowe Hospital, Constable Road, for treatment and were released shortly afterwards.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the fight, which happened around 10.50pm on Sunday May 2.
Officers have already carried out house to house inquiries in the immediate area. The entrance to the park is in a dense residential area, though not one which attracts much traffic late at night.
The man police want to trace in connection with the attack with the wood is described as white, aged 25 to 30 years old, with short dark hair.
He was wearing a blue top with white stripes down the arms and across the chest.
The man he was with is described as white, 6ft tall with short hair, and was wearing a black jumper.
Police later recovered the bikes believed to have been used by the two men and also the lump of wood.
A police spokeswoman said: "We would ask people if they recognise these cycles – or if they know who was riding them on Sunday night – to get in touch with us. We would also like to hear from anyone who recognises the descriptions of either of the cyclists or saw them in the area that night."
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call PC Kevin Catchpool at Felixstowe on 01473 613500.