Dancers turn on sparkling silver screen style
IPSWICH: Talented dancers pulled out all the stops for a series of jaw-dropping performances.
Youngsters from across the town ventured to Cineworld in Cardinal Park to take part in the Step Up to Be a Cine-Star competition.
The talented dancers took to the stage in front of a panel of judges for the chance to win a private screening to share with all their friends.
Ten-year-old twins Hollie and Chloe Palmer were among the bunch of performers at the event.
The Dale Hall Primary School pupils, who learn ballroom and Latin dancing at the Lait Dance School, told the Evening Star that they were nervous ahead of the competition.
Chloe said: “It’s really fun and it’s what we always wanted to do.
“I think we did really well. We were both nervous but we love performing in front of people.”
- 1 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 2 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 7 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 8 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
Piers Button, general manager for Cineworld Ipswich, said: “Dance is seeing a huge surge in popularity with the recent wave of fantastic films.”