Danny Mac could still suffer ‘huge’ exit shock on Strictly Come Dancing, says Robin Windsor
- Credit: PA
Strictly Come Dancing favourite Danny Mac could still suffer a “huge” exit shock if he finds himself unsuited to a style of dance, Ipswich star Robin Windsor has warned.
The Hollyoaks actor and partner Oti Mabuse have regularly topped the leaderboard this series, including the last two weeks when scoring the perfect 40.
After their rhythmic samba to Magalenha by Sergio Mendes on Saturday night, head judge Len Goodman described Mac’s hip movement as “like a snake”.
“That samba by Danny and Oti was absolutely incredible,” said Windsor, 37, the former Copleston High School student who was a professional dancer on the show for five years until 2014.
“I have never seen a male celeb, or any celeb, perform a samba to such a standard. It was absolutely fantastic and of course broke the record – they got the first-ever perfect score for a samba in Strictly history.
“He is the man to beat at the moment, but the thing is, with two perfect dances in a row, he has got to really pull it out of the bag next week.
“If not, you have got Ore (Oduba), Louise (Redknapp) and Claudia (Fragapane), who are really on his tails. So he has really got to work hard this week, and I think it all depends at this sort of stage, if you dance your best dances early, you might get a dance which is not suited to you. That could be your downfall and you could end up going home. It could be a huge shock.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 6 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
“There are not many dancers left to choose from, so hopefully he has got his best to come.
“The pressure is completely on and Oti has got her work cut out, because she is going to have to make sure she choreographs an absolutely perfect routine for them. But she is absolutely fantastic and I have got no fear that she is going to be amazing.”
Meanwhile, Windsor said former shadow chancellor Ed Balls, this year’s uncrowned people’s champion who bowed out at the weekend, will go down as one of the show’s legends.
He said: “Ed has been what Strictly is all about – entertaining everybody week after week and giving it a really good go. He has gripped everyone, and he went out graciously.
“It was probably the right time but I wouldn’t have been surprised if he made it to the final.
“I really hope he does the Strictly tour. I would personally go just for him!”