Dead porpoise found at Felixstowe beach
- Credit: Alison Sheeran
A porpoise has been found washed up on a Suffolk beach.
The marine animal was found on Felixstowe beach on Friday by a walker.
Alison Sheeran was walking her dog near the beach when she spotted the creature.
"I posted a picture on Felixstowe residents Facebook page because I knew someone would know who to report it as there have been others recently," said Ms Sheeran.
"Within minutes the coastguard had seen my post and contacted me for a location, which was easy to give them."
It is not clear what caused the porpoise to end up on the beach.
The porpoise was later dealt with by Felixstowe Coastguard.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams