Dead porpoise found at Felixstowe beach
- Credit: Alison Sheeran
A porpoise has been found washed up on a Suffolk beach.
The marine animal was found on Felixstowe beach on Friday by a walker.
Alison Sheeran was walking her dog near the beach when she spotted the creature.
"I posted a picture on Felixstowe residents Facebook page because I knew someone would know who to report it as there have been others recently," said Ms Sheeran.
"Within minutes the coastguard had seen my post and contacted me for a location, which was easy to give them."
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear what caused the porpoise to end up on the beach.
The porpoise was later dealt with by Felixstowe Coastguard.
- 1 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 2 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 3 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 4 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 5 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 6 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 10 Couple rescue woman stuck in mud with help from their dog