Delivery driver's attack ordeal
A FAST-food delivery driver today told of the frightening moment he was assaulted and robbed by a gang outside a block of flats in Ipswich.Three masked men and a woman, aged in their late teens or early 20s, attacked Hedi Omar as he dropped kebabs off in Patteson Road.
A FAST-food delivery driver today told of the frightening moment he was assaulted and robbed by a gang outside a block of flats in Ipswich.
Three masked men and a woman, aged in their late teens or early 20s, attacked Hedi Omar as he dropped kebabs off in Patteson Road.
The gang emerged from behind bins, using bottles to hit Mr Omar on the head and arms before stealing the food and running off.
The 22-year-old, who is originally from Kurdistan, said: “I was absolutely terrified.
You may also want to watch:
“I have lived here for five years and nothing like this had ever happened before.
“The whole thing was obviously planned. A woman answered the door and then the men appeared and started hitting me.”
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
Mr Omar, of Orwell Gardens, works as a delivery driver for Best Kebabs, based in Dog's Head Street.
But he admitted he had been left so shaken by the attack he was ready to quit his job.
The former factory workers said: “I have only been in the job for two or three months but I'm trying to leave and find something new.”
The attack took place at around 1.10am on Sunday morning.
The male members of the gang are all believed to be white, at least 5ft10ins and of slim build. They covered their faces with scarves.
The woman was white and of average build.
Those with information are asked to call Dc James Harper at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Last year, police were called to deal with a handful of similar attacks on victims delivering food in Ipswich.
Have you been the victim of violence? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com