Ice cream parlour Creams Gelato Co to open in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Italian style icecream parlour Creams Gelato Co is to open in the Buttermarket Shopping Centre, Ipswich close to Cosy Club, Wagamama, Byron Burger and Coast to Coast.
Creams Gelato Co is opening at the Buttermarket Shopping Centre - this weekend.
The new restaurant is providing more than 30 new jobs for the town, within the rapidly evolving Buttermarket Centre.
The dessert restaurant, with 100 covers within separate ten booths, is being completed on the first floor of the centre, now a centre for shopping, cinema and for restaurants.
It is planning to launch to the public this coming weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Near neighbours include Wagamama, Cosy Club, Coast To Coast, Byron Burger.
Shops include TK Maxx and New Look.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
The new icecream, crepes and waffles restaurant is a local franchise which is part of a national UK chain of more than 50, with another due to open in Glasgow shortly.
The Ipswich restaurant is next door to the site of a new bowling alley, also planned for the centre, and which is due to open in the Spring of 2018.
The entrance to the Empire Cinema is also on this first floor level.
Creams Cafe is an Italian icecream inspired chain of dessert-only restaurant.
Creams claims to be the UK’s larget dessert only group, with 50 branches and more planned in the coming months.
This year new stores are planned from Gateshead and Liverpool to Bristol.
A spokesman said Creams Ipswich will be serving a brand new menu of more than 100 items - including 21 icecream flavours and three sorbets.
Creams was established in 2008 and quickly began supporting franchises nationwide.
Specialities include Bubble Pop Waffles, Scoopshakes and Slush Puppies,
The new restaurant will be open seven days a week, from 11am daily.
Co-owner Avdeep Hundal said: “It is going very well.
“We have been training staff for the pat two weeks. Everyone has had ten to 14 days training. Now we are ready to get started, and to welcome the public in.”