Did you catch a glimpse of the Flying Scotsman as it made its way though Suffolk?
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Anglia Picture Agency
Hundreds got to see the world famous Flying Scotsman locomotive this morning as it steamed through the Suffolk countryside.
The iconic steam engine was greeted by cheering crowds as it made its journey from Norwich to Ipswich - and back again.
It set off from the city at 8am today, Saturday, November 11, passing through Suffolk between 9am and 10am.
It was the last time the engine will grace the rails this year before it goes in for maintenance work over winter.
The iconic engine was originally due to embark on the trip in October, but it was put back a month after one of its axles was found to be running hot on its way to the region from its base in York.
Today was the locomotive’s first visit to Ipswich since the late 1960s – it made two visits to the town in 1967 and 1969.
Readers have been sending their superb photos of the Flying Scotsman throughout the morning - but we would love to see more of them.
- 1 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring