Diesel spill in town centre
A DIESEL spill has resulted in more delays around Ipswich today.On a day when the town has already been gridlocked after a series of accidents on the A14, drivers on Wherstead Road were faced with extra problems.
A DIESEL spill has resulted in more delays around Ipswich today.
On a day when the town has already been gridlocked after a series of accidents on the A14, drivers on Wherstead Road were faced with extra problems.
Around 300 gallons of diesel spilled onto the road after the fuel tank of a lorry ruptured at around 1pm today.
Police used cones to seal off the area and sand was spread on the road to stop it being slippery.
The Environment Agency was alerted after fears the diesel could spill down drains.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing