Dignity of the Hall family

PUBLISHED: 16:01 20 November 2001 | UPDATED: 10:53 03 March 2010

HAND in hand, maintaining the dignity for which they have been praised throughout the trial, Graham and Lorinda Hall together with Gemma Algar walked from court.

HAND in hand, maintaining the dignity for which they have been praised throughout the trial, Graham and Lorinda Hall together with Gemma Algar walked from court.

The nightmare that began two years and two months ago to the day reached a faltering conclusion which was only compounded by the terrible coincidence that today was Lorinda's birthday.

Close to tears, Miss Algar spoke of how she remembers Vicky and her sense of an injustice that her friend's killer is still at large.

She said: "On September 19, two years ago Vicky's life was taken from her. We have been going to court for the last 10 days to find out what has happened to her after I said goodbye to her on Faulkners Way.

"The attacker will never know how much pain he has caused Vicky's family and friends and will never feel as terrified as Vicky probably did that night. The last two years have been very up and down emotionally for me, as I tried to get my head around what had happened."

Gemma paid tribute to the support from police and friends and family and added: "I hope that one day someone will own up to their actions and be able to provide us with some sort of explanation as to why they murdered her when she had her whole life ahead of her."

Mrs Hall, said: "I don't think anyone can put into words how I feel today our feelings are still the same as they were two years ago. We have lost Victoria and nothing will ever change that."

Her husband said: "In a way we were expecting that verdict, especially when the jury came back so quickly."

He said he felt that the jury had given adequate consideration to the evidence, and he made a last ditch appeal for the criminal to come forward saying: "Whether Adrian Bradshaw was found guilty or not today, it would have made little difference to us. Unless someone owns up to their actions on that night and tells us what happened that's the only help we could have."

He added: "We were very proud of Vicky when she was alive and now I am proud of how she has come across, as a very kind, loving girl and that is some very small comfort to us."

When asked if he felt the evidence was strong enough, he said: "That is a very difficult question to answer, when we've known what has been going on for two years. It was inconclusive in the end and that was difficult for the jury to consider. I am sure they gave it their full consideration and felt it was fair to Adrian Bradshaw to release him."

Gemma added: "I remember her smile. She used to phone me quite a bit and we used to have chats and stuff."

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star