Discoloured water warning in Chantry Park area after Anglian Water repairs burst water main on A1214 London Road
- Credit: Archant
People living near Chantry Park in Ipswich have been warned to expect discoloured water after roadworks were carried out today.
One lane of the A1214 London Road, near the Robin Drive junction, was closed on Monday night after a burst water main was reported.
The road is expected to be fully reopened tomorrow (Wednesday) evening after repair work was carried out, an Anglian Water spokesman said.
But she added: “Some customers may experience discoloured water following the burst. This is due to a disturbance in iron sediments in the water main and we are carrying out routine flushing of the water main in the area to remove this. Iron in water is harmless and is often short lived.”
Resurfacing work to repair a section of damaged road is expected to be finished by this evening.
The spokesman said: “The burst main on London Road was reported to us last night and has been repaired.
“Unfortunately the burst damageg a section of carriageway and there is currently a lane closure in place. We hope to have the road resurfaced and all lanes reopened by tomorrow evening. “We are very sorry for any disruption caused and we will be working to get the road back to normal as soon as possible.”
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 10 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
If the problem of discoloured water persists, call Anglian Water on 03457 145145.