Does Ipswich boast Britain's best buses?
IPSWICH could soon boast the best buses in Britain.Ipswich Buses has been nominated in five categories of the UK Bus Awards, which recognises best practice and quality in providing local bus services.
IPSWICH could soon boast the best buses in Britain.
Ipswich Buses has been nominated in five categories of the UK Bus Awards, which recognises best practice and quality in providing local bus services.
The council owned company has been nominated for Independent Bus Operator of the Year for fleets of less than 100 vehicles and has been listed for a Winning New Customers prize for its partnership with BT and the new shuttle bus services between Adastral Park and Ipswich Railway Station.
The bus operator has also been recognised for the Soccer Savers free travel scheme for match day and season ticket holders to Ipswich Town home games, as well as the Greensaver 7 travel strip, offering seven trips for �11 for anyone, at anytime, anywhere in Ipswich.
The new Group 5 ticket, which offers off peak travel for up to five people for �5 anywhere on the Ipswich Town network, has also been singled out for praise.
Malcolm Robson, Ipswich Buses managing director, said: “To receive five nominations for these major industry awards is a significant achievement for a company the size of Ipswich Buses.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
“We are proud to remain locally owned and proud to continue to commit our energies to provide the local residents of Ipswich with bus services of the highest quality which have now been recognised nationally.”
The nominations will now be whittled down to a short list before the awards ceremony in November later this year.