Dog dies in house blaze

A DOG has died following a blaze at an Ipswich home today.Flames took hold in the ground floor of an end-of-terrace property in Bramford Road, Ipswich at about 2.48pm today.

A DOG has died following a blaze at an Ipswich home today.

Flames took hold in the ground floor of an end-of-terrace property in Bramford Road, Ipswich at about 2.48pm.

Three fire crews attended the scene and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched the house.

Nobody was inside although the firefighters discovered a dog in the kitchen which had died as a result of the blaze.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said the alarm was raised by a passer-by who spotted smoke coming from an upstairs window.

The fire was under control by 3.20pm.