Drink driving councillor banned
A SENIOR councillor has been banned from driving for 12 months after he drove while over the limit.Kevin Bentley, 42, a member of Colchester Borough Council, pleaded guilty to drink-driving yesterday, was fined £750 and banned from driving for 12 months.
A SENIOR councillor has been banned from driving for 12 months after he drove while over the limit.
Kevin Bentley, 42, a member of Colchester Borough Council, pleaded guilty to drink-driving yesterday, was fined £750 and banned from driving for 12 months.
The former BBC Look East reporter appeared at Colchester Magistrates' Court, where he said after his case: “I hope people learn the lesson that I learned; that what I did was wrong and I was fully prepared to accept the consequences this morning.
“I hope that it bears as a suitable warning to other people.”
At about midnight on Friday, November 3, police stopped Bentley on Lower Road, Peldon, as he drove to his home in Willoughby End, Willow Avenue, West Mersea, from a private dinner.
He was breathalysed and found to have 54 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home