Driver dies on A14 after truck crash
A LORRY driver who was killed today when his HGV ploughed into a railway bridge on the A14 near Nacton has been named by police as Kevin Patterson.The 46-year-old, who was from Nacton, collided with the bridge on the Felixstowe-bound carriageway at around 3.
A LORRY driver who was killed today when his HGV ploughed into a railway bridge on the A14 near Nacton has been named by police as Kevin Patterson.
The 46-year-old, who was from Nacton, collided with the bridge on the Felixstowe-bound carriageway at around 3.45am and was declared dead at the scene.
Mr Patterson worked for Felixstowe haulage company Dart Distribution, based in the town's Sub Station Road.
Staff at the company's depot were informed of the tragedy as they arrived for work today, while other drivers already out on the road around the country were informed by telephone.
See tonight's Evening Star for the full story.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card