Driver drove at more than 110mph
A MOTORIST said he drove at speeds of more than 110mph because he was in a hurry to get home.Christopher Webber was followed by police in an unmarked police car as he travelled along the A14 in his BMW on January 7.
A MOTORIST said he drove at speeds of more than 110mph because he was in a hurry to get home.
Christopher Webber was followed by police in an unmarked police car as he travelled along the A14 in his BMW on January 7.
The 25-year-old, of Mill Lane, Felixstowe, pleaded guilty to a charge of speeding at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
Mark Holt, mitigating, said: “It was a Sunday afternoon and the roads were not busy. Clearly he had no idea he was being followed by an unmarked police car. He was in a hurry to get home but it wasn't something particularly important.”
Webber was fined £370, disqualified from driving for four months and made to pay £35 court costs.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 8 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 9 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town