Driver pleads not guilty
FELIXSTOWE businessman Peter Whalley has pleaded not guilty to a charge of dangerous driving.Whalley, 35, was involved in a crash which left a teenage girl seriously injured just weeks before Christmas.
FELIXSTOWE businessman Peter Whalley has pleaded not guilty to a charge of dangerous driving.
Whalley, 35, was involved in a crash which left a teenage girl seriously injured just weeks before Christmas. His plea was heard at Ipswich Crown Court today in front of Judge John Devaux.
The appearance follows a smash on Garrison Lane in Felixstowe on December 8 when former Deben High School student Vicki Kelcher was crushed against a wall.
Whalley from Princes Gardens, was driving an X-registration Mercedes estate car when the accident happened. The accident left Vicki, of Chaucer Road, Felixstowe, in hospital with serious leg and pelvic injuries. She had been walking with boyfriend Ty Freer at the time of her accident.
You may also want to watch:
Whalley owns Bonds wine bar with his wife Sarah and the Old Miller's pub and restaurant which are both on the sea front in Undercliff Road West.
His trial will begin in ten week's time on June 24.
- 1 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 6 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 7 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 8 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 9 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 10 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police