Drug raid in Felixstowe
DRUGS and stolen goods have been recovered in a series of meticulously-planned raids on houses in the Felixstowe area, police revealed today.Officers and sniffer dogs swooped on four homes this week in the crackdown - arresting three people in connection with heroin, methadone and cannabis.
DRUGS and stolen goods have been recovered in a series of meticulously-planned raids on houses in the Felixstowe area, police revealed today.
Officers and sniffer dogs swooped on four homes this week in the crackdown - arresting three people in connection with heroin, methadone and cannabis.
The operation was carried out by community police officers acting on information from residents, who have been tipping off police about suspicious activities and coming and goings at properties.
At one property officers found enough heroin to carry out 30 deals.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said a 43-year-old Felixstowe man would appear before magistrates in Ipswich today charged with possession with intent to supply heroin and possession of cannabis.
Also before the court would be a 51-year-old man from Felixstowe charged with possession of methadone and a charge in connection with a stolen cycle.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
A 26-year-old woman from the Felixstowe area was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin but has been bailed to return to the police station on August 15 when she will learn if she is to be charged or not.
The Evening Star was invited to observe one of the raids as police targeted a flat in The Walk area of Walton, Felixstowe.
Felixstowe sector commander Insp Andy Bushell said everyone involved was delighted by the success of the raids.
Information for the operation had been obtained from intelligence gathering in the community and by officers working with organisations such as Suffolk Heritage Housing Association on the problems.
"We are very pleased with the success of the raids this week and will be continuing to target those involved in drugs in the town through a variety of methods," said Insp Bushell.
n Anyone with information about drug dealing can call Suffolk police's Crackdown hotline on freephone 0800 253 253. If the information is specifically about drugs in Felixstowe then call Felixstowe police on 01473 613500.