Drunk mum pulled officer's hair
A SINGLE mum who collapsed after a night out in Felixstowe ripped chunks of hair from a police officer who came to her aid.Abbie Reeve attacked the female police officer after she had been to the Splitz Bandbox nightclub, in Bent Hill, on April 14.
A SINGLE mum who collapsed after a night out in Felixstowe ripped chunks of hair from a police officer who came to her aid.
Abbie Reeve attacked the female police officer after she had been to the Splitz Bandbox nightclub, in Bent Hill, on April 14.
Reeve pleaded guilty to a charge of assault at South East Magistrates' Court despite claiming the officer had pushed herself into the chest of the 25-year-old reveller.
Stephen Colman, prosecuting, told the court officers had been called to help Reeve, of Gosford Way, Felixstowe, after she collapsed on the pavement in the town centre.
He said: “Officers were called to Hamilton Road in Felixstowe at 4.30am to attend to a female who had collapsed in the street.
“Mrs Reeve was conscious and asked them to make telephone calls on her behalf.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 7 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 8 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 9 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 10 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
“The officers took her mobile phone away from her and told her to come to the police station later on in the day to collect it.”
Mr Colman said that at 5am Reeve walked away but 15 minutes later arrived at the town's police station demanding her phone back from the officers.
He said: “She became abusive and aggressive and pushed a female officer with both arms.
“She then grabbed her hair with some force and refused to let go.”
Reeve, who had given up custody of her two young children shortly before the incident, ripped out chunks of hair from the officer and caused a sore patch.
Michael Stephenson, mitigating, said: “It is worrying really because here is a young lady with some background and problems.
“She had been out drinking. She has anxieties and thinks she has mental health problems.
“Abbie ended up being very upset. She wanted her phone which she feels is her link with the outside world.
“She says the police officer pushed herself into Abbie's chest first but she accepts her mode of behaviour moved from being defensive to being aggressive.”
Magistrates asked for a pre-sentence report to be compiled before sentencing on June 20.