Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- Credit: Archant
Shops and businesses have been forced to shut after a power cut in Ipswich.
Businesses including, Tesco and Subway in Duke Street have closed due to the loss of power.
A sign on the door of Tesco reads: "We are currently closed until further notice due to having no power to the till system in the shop.
"There are people actively looking for the fault in the line we hope to be back serving you soon.
"Sorry for any inconvenience caused you will find your nearest store at Nacton Road."
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Network vans have been spotted near the road, but it is unclear how long the power will be out for.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 3 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 4 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 5 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 7 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 8 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 9 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 10 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph