Dyer top up for grabs at press ball
FOOTBALL fans at this month's Press Ball will have a chance to bag some rare signed items.Among the memorabilia up for grabs at the Ipswich and Suffolk Evening Star Press Ball will be two gems for any Ipswich Town fan.
FOOTBALL fans at this month's Press Ball will have a chance to bag some rare signed items.
Among the memorabilia up for grabs at the Ipswich and Suffolk Evening Star Press Ball will be two gems for any Ipswich Town fan.
This year's Press Ball is aiming to raise £20,000 for Disability Care Enterprise which will be passed on to buy special equipment to improve the lives of less fortunate children in the area.
In the past years we've helped improve the lives of over 100 youngsters by raising money for the purchase of life-changing equipment such as special buggies, pushchairs and seats.
As ever we'll be holding an auction on the night and among the items awaiting bids are a signed tracksuit top from ex-Town star Kieron Dyer.
The Newcastle and England midfielder donated his yellow Adidas tracksuit top to DCE specifically for the auction.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 6 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 9 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
Since leaving Ipswich in July 1999, Dyer's career has gone from strength to strength.
This time last year the 24-year-old was in the Far East taking part in England's World Cup campaign where he played against Sweden, Denmark and Brazil.
Keiron is still very popular with Ipswich fans and this fact alone should boost the amount bid for this rare item.
Town fans will also have the chance to bid on another extremely rare piece of Ipswich Town memorabilia which we will announce in more detail soon.
FAST FACTS: EVENING STAR PRESS BALL
The Evening Star Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball is being held at the County Hotel, Copdock, on Friday, June 27.
In the last five years, we have raised £135,000 for Disability Care Enterprise.
Last year's total of £40,000 beat the previous best figure of £35,000 in 2000.
The first Press Ball in 1998 raised £6,000