East Anglia: New summer train timetable launched by Abellio Greater Anglia with additional Sunday services to and from Ipswich, Felixstowe, Peterborough and Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A new summer timetable for the region’s trains has been announced.
Trains run on regional rail operator Abellio Greater Anglia’s summer timetable from Sunday.
The timetable features additional Sunday services between Ipswich and Peterborough, Ipswich and Felixstowe and Norwich and Sheringham.
Extra Sunday services, in addition to the normal Sunday timetable, will operate over the summer until September 7 between Ipswich and Peterborough, departing Ipswich at 7.55am and from Peterborough at 9.50am, and between Ipswich and Felixstowe, leaving Ipswich at 9.55am and departing from Felixstowe at 10.25am.
Additional Saturday services will run between Great Yarmouth and Norwich, including the usual direct Great Yarmouth to London Liverpool Street service until September 27.
There are some minor alterations to services between London Liverpool Street and Braintree, Clacton and Ipswich, and also slight timing alterations to some rural services.
Jamie Burles, managing director for Abellio Greater Anglia said: “As part of our efforts to continue to develop train services for our customers and to support the regional economy, we’re pleased to improve the Norwich to Sheringham Sunday train service which will now operate at an increased hourly frequency all year round.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
“And from 21 July, we are looking forward to running new and additional train services on the important Cambridge to Stansted Airport route.”
The new and additional weekday services between Cambridge and Stansted Airport are aimed at supplementing the existing cross-country services. All of these services will call at Audley End.
Additional Sunday services between Norwich and Sheringham will provide an hourly frequency of service from the first departure of the day, as well as six extra services operating in each direction, will be extended beyond the summer season.
Customers are advised to pick up a timetable from staffed stations or to check their travel details at www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk.