Ed Sheeran plays first concert of 2019 world tour - on his way to Ipswich in August
- Credit: Greg Williams
Ed Sheeran kicked off his 2019 world tour in style last night, playing in front of thousands in Sao Paulo, Brazil - and giving a taste of what fans can expect when he comes to Ipswich in August.
His 2019 tour, which culminates with four homecoming gigs at Chantry Park, will keep the pop sensation in South America through February before he heads off to play gigs in South Africa, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea through March and April.
He will then tour Europe before returning to the UK to perform in Leeds and Ipswich.
Ed posted a photograph on Instagram last night, crouching down in front of a packed Allianz Park in the Brazilian city, with thousands of his fans waving their arms wildly in the air.
The Allianz stadium has posted video clips of his performance - giving fans a glimpse of what they have in store when the Framlingham singer-songwriter returns to play in Suffolk’s county town.
You may also want to watch:
The clips show the crowd singing along with Galway Girl and Thinking out Loud.
Ed’s set list
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
Castle on the Hill
The A Team
All of the Stars/Lego House/Give Me Love
I see Fire/Feeling Good
Thinking Out Loud
Shape Of You
You Need Me, I Don’t Need You