Merger for Felixstowe schools considered by Department for Education
- Credit: Seckford Education Trust
Plans to merge two Felixstowe schools have been considered by the Department for Education.
Currently, SET Maidstone, an infant school for pupils aged three to seven, and SET Causton, a junior school for ages seven to 11, are two separate schools run by the Seckford Education Trust.
However, the trust is looking to create an all-through primary from next September.
The East of England and north-east London advisory board met on Thursday to consider the merger.
It's not known at this stage what the outcome of the discussions were.
It was revealed earlier this week that parents had given their backing to the plans.
An online survey received almost 100 responses with 53% of responses in favour of the proposed merger going ahead.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
Speaking after the survey, head of both schools, Lucy Thompson said: “It was very important to us that we got feedback from the whole community, as so many different people are involved in the lives of our children."