Merger for Felixstowe schools considered by Department for Education
- Credit: Seckford Education Trust
Plans to merge two Felixstowe schools have been considered by the Department for Education.
Currently, SET Maidstone, an infant school for pupils aged three to seven, and SET Causton, a junior school for ages seven to 11, are two separate schools run by the Seckford Education Trust.
However, the trust is looking to create an all-through primary from next September.
The East of England and north-east London advisory board met on Thursday to consider the merger.
It's not known at this stage what the outcome of the discussions were.
You may also want to watch:
It was revealed earlier this week that parents had given their backing to the plans.
An online survey received almost 100 responses with 53% of responses in favour of the proposed merger going ahead.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
Speaking after the survey, head of both schools, Lucy Thompson said: “It was very important to us that we got feedback from the whole community, as so many different people are involved in the lives of our children."