Eggs cause blaze at Suffolk blaze
EGGS left on a stove at an Ipswich school required the services of the fire brigade.Two crews from Ipswich were called to reports of a kitchen fire at 4.
EGGS left on a stove at an Ipswich school required the services of the fire brigade.
Two crews from Ipswich were called to reports of a kitchen fire at 4.30pm yesterday at Copleston High School.
However when the crews arrived the fire had been extinguished thanks to the quick thinking actions of the head teacher.
Laurie Robinson head teacher at Copleston said: "We received reports of smoke coming out of the canteen and I went to investigate and there was a considerable amount of smoke in the room. To be on the safe side I called the fire service. However I could see that there were no flames in the canteen so I went in and found that a pan of hard boiled eggs which had been left boiling since lunch time was the cause of the problem. I turned off the pan and opened the windows. When the fire service arrived they checked everything was safe just as a precaution."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile at 8.42pm yesterday one fire crew from Princes Street were called to a car fire on School Hill, Copdock. It took firefighters approximately 30 minutes to bring the blaze under control.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 5 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich