Fire crews rescue three people trapped in their cars following four-vehicle crash in Chelmondiston near Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters helped release three people trapped in their cars following a four-vehicle crash in Chelmondiston near Ipswich this morning.
Police were called to reports of the crash, on Main Road, at around 9.45am today, Sunday November 12.
Three fire crews from Ipswich, the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance and medics from the East of England Ambulance Service were also sent to the scene.
According to a spokeswoman from Suffolk Police, three people were successfully freed from their vehicles with two of them taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution.
She added there were no reports of any serious, life-changing or life-threatening injuries.
Speaking earlier this morning, a spokeswoman or Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “This was a four vehicle RTC in Chelmondiston.
“Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service are currently assisting ambulance to release three people from vehicles.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 9 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
“Three crews are attending from Suffolk - one from Holbrook and two from Princes Street.”