Fire crews rescue three people trapped in their cars following four-vehicle crash in Chelmondiston near Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters helped release three people trapped in their cars following a four-vehicle crash in Chelmondiston near Ipswich this morning.
Police were called to reports of the crash, on Main Road, at around 9.45am today, Sunday November 12.
Three fire crews from Ipswich, the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance and medics from the East of England Ambulance Service were also sent to the scene.
According to a spokeswoman from Suffolk Police, three people were successfully freed from their vehicles with two of them taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution.
She added there were no reports of any serious, life-changing or life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking earlier this morning, a spokeswoman or Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “This was a four vehicle RTC in Chelmondiston.
“Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service are currently assisting ambulance to release three people from vehicles.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
“Three crews are attending from Suffolk - one from Holbrook and two from Princes Street.”