Escapees caught by police
TWO more prisoners escaped from a Suffolk jail - just days after a convicted axe-murderer absconded from the prison.The two men were found by police before 2am today, and taken back to prison in a police car.
TWO more prisoners escaped from a Suffolk jail – just days after a convicted axe-murderer absconded from the prison.
The two men were found by police before 2am today, and taken back to prison in a police car.
Both are both serving sentences at Hollesley Bay Prison, near Woodbridge and had been recorded
missing at 8.30pm roll call last night.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Coastal MP John Gummer said: "The security at Hollesley Bay Prison is not satisfactory. We have
listened to a whole series of explanations over a long period of time and
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
understood new measures were being taken to put this right.
"I do not want to cause alarm but I want to say this is so serious that we must have an answer from the government. I will be in touch with the Home Secretary."
Danny Burke, 20, from Brockley, south-east London, was serving a two-and-a-half year sentence for robbery. Frank Benet, 20, from Great Yarmouth, was serving a three-year
sentence for blackmail.
Both men were in the prison's young offenders' institute. Police believe they may have absconded at the same time.
Convicted axe-murderer James Young disappeared earlier this week, the
seventh killer to escape in two years. Four murderers have escaped since March and two are still on the run.
Anyone with information should call police on 01473 383460 or call 999.