Escapees caught by police
TWO more prisoners escaped from a Suffolk jail - just days after a convicted axe-murderer absconded from the prison.The two men were found by police before 2am today, and taken back to prison in a police car.
TWO more prisoners escaped from a Suffolk jail – just days after a convicted axe-murderer absconded from the prison.
The two men were found by police before 2am today, and taken back to prison in a police car.
Both are both serving sentences at Hollesley Bay Prison, near Woodbridge and had been recorded
missing at 8.30pm roll call last night.
Suffolk Coastal MP John Gummer said: "The security at Hollesley Bay Prison is not satisfactory. We have
listened to a whole series of explanations over a long period of time and
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 9 Travel: Our night at boutique hotel with rooftop bar and incredible views
- 10 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
understood new measures were being taken to put this right.
"I do not want to cause alarm but I want to say this is so serious that we must have an answer from the government. I will be in touch with the Home Secretary."
Danny Burke, 20, from Brockley, south-east London, was serving a two-and-a-half year sentence for robbery. Frank Benet, 20, from Great Yarmouth, was serving a three-year
sentence for blackmail.
Both men were in the prison's young offenders' institute. Police believe they may have absconded at the same time.
Convicted axe-murderer James Young disappeared earlier this week, the
seventh killer to escape in two years. Four murderers have escaped since March and two are still on the run.
Anyone with information should call police on 01473 383460 or call 999.