Escapees caught by police
TWO more prisoners escaped from a Suffolk jail - just days after a convicted axe-murderer absconded from the prison.The two men were found by police before 2am today, and taken back to prison in a police car.
TWO more prisoners escaped from a Suffolk jail – just days after a convicted axe-murderer absconded from the prison.
The two men were found by police before 2am today, and taken back to prison in a police car.
Both are both serving sentences at Hollesley Bay Prison, near Woodbridge and had been recorded
missing at 8.30pm roll call last night.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Coastal MP John Gummer said: "The security at Hollesley Bay Prison is not satisfactory. We have
listened to a whole series of explanations over a long period of time and
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 6 Town centre delays following accident
- 7 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 8 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
understood new measures were being taken to put this right.
"I do not want to cause alarm but I want to say this is so serious that we must have an answer from the government. I will be in touch with the Home Secretary."
Danny Burke, 20, from Brockley, south-east London, was serving a two-and-a-half year sentence for robbery. Frank Benet, 20, from Great Yarmouth, was serving a three-year
sentence for blackmail.
Both men were in the prison's young offenders' institute. Police believe they may have absconded at the same time.
Convicted axe-murderer James Young disappeared earlier this week, the
seventh killer to escape in two years. Four murderers have escaped since March and two are still on the run.
Anyone with information should call police on 01473 383460 or call 999.