Essex: Stansted gets “Best” new service
EAST ANGLIA: Stansted Airport is to get a new direct budget air service to Belfast from next spring.
Budget airline Bmibaby is to launch the service from Stansted to Belfast George Best City Airport on March 28 – the first flight linking the two airports.
Fares will start at �23.99 for a single ticket.
Julian Carr, managing director, bmibaby, said: “As the bmi group is an established operator from London, it is great to open our first low cost service from Stansted Airport.
“Bmibaby is the only carrier to operate the service and we are excited to offer customers a new destination, with low fares.
“Our new frequent service from Stansted to Belfast City will provide direct links to the heart of Belfast.
“We offer many benefits for our customers, from allocated seating to free online check in and with up to 16 services a week with convenient flight times, this route will be ideal for both business and leisure customers wishing to travel to Belfast at very low fares.”
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 3 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 6 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 9 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 10 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
Nick Barton, London Stansted’s managing director, said: “We are delighted to welcome Bmibaby to Stansted and we wish them every success with this new service to Belfast.
“I’m sure this link will prove to be extremely popular and will further enhance our network which already connects to more scheduled destinations throughout Europe than any other airport in the world.”