Everyone will be searched at Elton John gig at Portman Road, Ipswich on June 17
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Safety measures will be reviewed ahead of the Elton John concert at Portman Road football stadium in Ipswich next month.
The move comes after the terror attack at a pop concert in Manchester last night.
The Islamic State terror group has claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing which killed 22 victims, including an eight-year-old girl, at Manchester Arena.
A lone bomber detonated a homemade device packed with nuts and bolts in the foyer of the Manchester Arena as thousands of young people were leaving a concert by US pop star Ariana Grande on Monday night.
Elton John brings his 10-date Wonderful Crazy Night Tour to the home of the Blues on Saturday, June 17. Tickets are still available.
The news also comes a month after Haroon Syed, 19, of Hounslow, west London, admitted plotting a 9/11 anniversary bomb attack, possibly targeting an Elton John concert in Hyde Park, between April and September last year.
An Ipswich Town spokesman said: “We have a tight security procedure that is implemented for all matchdays at Portman Road and this will, of course, be in place for the upcoming Elton John concert.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 8 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 9 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 10 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
“All attendees will be searched upon entry to the stadium ahead of the concert and we will review our safety measures leading up to the event, in line with any advice and information passed onto us by the police.”