Everything in the garden was lovely
EVERYTHING did not have to come up roses to be successful but there were some top notch specimens at the Co-op Gardening Club Show.The annual event held at the Co-op Education Centre in Ipswich once again attracted the best in blooms, tastiest in vegetables and other gardening and craft classes.
EVERYTHING did not have to come up roses to be successful but there were some top notch specimens at the Co-op Gardening Club Show.
The annual event held at the Co-op Education Centre in Ipswich, once again attracted the best in blooms, tastiest in vegetables and other gardening and craft classes.
The winners were:
Co-op Perpetual Challenge Cup (most points flower and vegetable sections): Mr M Hubbard.
You may also want to watch:
The Ivy Gill Trophy (most points domestic): Mrs M Baldry.
The Peggy Cole Trophy (best exhibit flowers/vegetables): Mr M Hubbard.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Walter Woodcock Plaque (best sweet pea exhibit): Mr T Hurren.
The Cliff Scrutton Cup (best floral arrangement): Mrs H Davey.
George Powley Tankard (best flower exhibit): Mr M Hubbard (donated fuchsia class).
Garden Club Trophy (best vegetable): Mr T Hurren.
Garden Club Trophy (best domestic): Mr P Barker.
Garden Club Trophy (best handicraft): Mrs M Goulding.
Malcolm Stiff Memorial Trophy: 1 Mr M Hubbard 351 pts, 2 Mrs H Davey 226 pts, 3 Mrs J Mason 122 pts.
Race Wine Trophy: Mrs M Race.
RHS Banksian Medal: Mr M Hubbard.
Garden News Top Tray: Mr P Barker, Mr J Leggett, Mr E Fuller.
Garden News Top Vase: Mr J Leggett, Mr T Hurren, Mrs H Davey.