Everything in the garden was lovely
EVERYTHING did not have to come up roses to be successful but there were some top notch specimens at the Co-op Gardening Club Show.The annual event held at the Co-op Education Centre in Ipswich once again attracted the best in blooms, tastiest in vegetables and other gardening and craft classes.
EVERYTHING did not have to come up roses to be successful but there were some top notch specimens at the Co-op Gardening Club Show.
The annual event held at the Co-op Education Centre in Ipswich, once again attracted the best in blooms, tastiest in vegetables and other gardening and craft classes.
The winners were:
Co-op Perpetual Challenge Cup (most points flower and vegetable sections): Mr M Hubbard.
You may also want to watch:
The Ivy Gill Trophy (most points domestic): Mrs M Baldry.
The Peggy Cole Trophy (best exhibit flowers/vegetables): Mr M Hubbard.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Rick Wakeman joins Ipswich Hospital Band as Patron
Walter Woodcock Plaque (best sweet pea exhibit): Mr T Hurren.
The Cliff Scrutton Cup (best floral arrangement): Mrs H Davey.
George Powley Tankard (best flower exhibit): Mr M Hubbard (donated fuchsia class).
Garden Club Trophy (best vegetable): Mr T Hurren.
Garden Club Trophy (best domestic): Mr P Barker.
Garden Club Trophy (best handicraft): Mrs M Goulding.
Malcolm Stiff Memorial Trophy: 1 Mr M Hubbard 351 pts, 2 Mrs H Davey 226 pts, 3 Mrs J Mason 122 pts.
Race Wine Trophy: Mrs M Race.
RHS Banksian Medal: Mr M Hubbard.
Garden News Top Tray: Mr P Barker, Mr J Leggett, Mr E Fuller.
Garden News Top Vase: Mr J Leggett, Mr T Hurren, Mrs H Davey.