Exercising the lungs in a fun day at arts centre
- Credit: Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
Singing day for blokes only at the Waterfront
You’ve heard of the Military Wives choir, and various workplace and business and community groups.
Yes, singing can be fun.
Now there is a chance for local men to give it a go, and exercise their lulngs, in a special day of manly singing at St Peter’s By The Waterfront arts centre.
Chris Rowbury (Suffolk’s answer to Gareth Malone)) will be running an entire day of singing exclusively for men on Saturday February 28 in Ipswich.
Fancy taking up a new hobby? Always wanted to sing, but never got around to it? Want to impress the missus? Bored with the bass line? Now’s your chance!
Come and experience the buzz of singing with a bunch of like-minded blokes. Learn to sing and get some vocal training in a safe, fun, relaxed and non-threatening way. Sample the delights of singing together – Chris will have you making beautiful music in a matter of minutes!
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 4 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 5 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 6 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 9 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
- 10 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
The days costs £20 in advance (or £25 on the door). Contact Chris on 01394 610 486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to pay by bank transfer, PayPal or cheque.
Centre manager Andrew Mayhew said: “It doesn’t matter if you’ve never sung before or if you haven’t sung since you were in the school choir or if you’re already in a choir now. Absolutely no musical or singing experience is necessary as all songs will be taught by ear.
“This is a day for men who don’t like choirs, blokes with manly voices, chaps who love music, gents who like a challenge and guys who want to have fun. All in the safety of our exclusive man space – no audience, no auditions, no solos, no women.
“Do please spread the word. Wives and girlfriends: give your chap a gentle nudge off the sofa and let him know how proud you’ll be if he comes.”
Chris Rowbury has 30 years’ experience as a patient, charismatic teacher with a relaxed style laced with plenty of humour. He regularly
runs singing days in Suffolk and beyond as well as running The OK Chorale, Woodbridge’s community choir and the twice a year Singing
Safari in Ipswich.
More information can be found on his website: www.chrisrowbury.com