Mystery as popular matchday pub CLOSED
- Credit: Archant
Football fans heading to the Falcon in Ipswich town centre have had to look elsewhere for their pre-match pint after the pub was unexpectedly closed.
Yesterday, local band Hoaxx announced their planned gig at the venue, previously known as Bowmans, had been cancelled due to the pub's closure.
A town centre landlord said Ipswich Town fans that usually drank at the Falcon pre-match asked if they could head to his pub before Ipswich Town's match today.
Posting about the mysterious closure on their Facebook page Hoaxx, who are based in Ipswich, said: "Unfortunately we have just heard that the Falcon, Ipswich, has been closed and so our Friday 13th gig will NOT be going ahead.
"Real shame as we and the staff were looking forward to it. We would like to wish all those impacted by the closure good luck in finding new employment that suits you."
You may also want to watch:
We have approached the Falcon for comment.
- 1 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
- 2 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 3 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 6 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 7 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 8 Revealed: Suffolk's most viewed homes for sale in July
- 9 Did you go to Ipswich's Festival of Wheels? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site