Families' fear over firebug blitz
FIREBUGS were blamed today after four blazes were started in an hour on a Suffolk estate plagued by rowdy youngsters.Residents said it was not the first time there had been fires and it was lucky more damage had not been caused.
By Richard Cornwell
FIREBUGS were blamed today after four blazes were started in an hour on a Suffolk estate plagued by rowdy youngsters.
Residents said it was not the first time there had been fires and it was lucky more damage had not been caused.
They fear that unless action is taken, future incidents could put lives put at risk.
Police were today carrying out house-to-house inquiries at The Walk, Walton, Felixstowe, to try to trace the arsonists who set alight three storage shed blocks and a flat.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 8 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice