Family pay tribute to motorcyclist Gavin Chandler from Tunstall who died following A12 crash at Foxhall
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who died following a three-vehicle crash on the A12 at Foxhall on Wednesday has been named as 24-year-old Gavin Chandler from Tunstall.
His family say the mechanic will be ‘deeply missed but never forgotten’, describing him as ‘loving, caring and kind.’
“Gavin came from a close and loving family and had a wide variety of friends,” the family said in a statement released this morning.
“He was loving, caring and kind.
“He was an avid mechanic and worked at Jaguar and Land Rover in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be deeply missed but never forgotten as he was loved by many.
“Please appreciate his grieving friends and family at this shocking and upsetting time.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
Emergency services were called just after 8pm on Wednesday, June 21, to reports that a blue Yamaha motorcycle had been in collision with a black Ford Ka and a grey Volvo on the southbound A12 at Foxhall, just before the Brightwell Roundabout.
An air ambulance, police officers and several ambulance crews, including a SARS critical care paramedic, attended the scene and rushed Mr Chandler to Ipswich Hospital.
He died a short time later.
No-one else is believed to have been hurt in the collision.
Police are continuing to ask anyone who may have seen the vehicles prior to the collision or the crash itself, or who may have any dash cam footage of the incident, to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD number 411 of 21 June.