Fans ready for Euro clash tonight
IPSWICH fans were today basking in the Luxembourg sunshine ahead of tonight's UEFA Cup clash with Avenir Beggen.With a 7pm kick off, there was plenty of time for sight-seeing, drinking - and practising the Tractor Boys chant.
IPSWICH fans were today basking in the Luxembourg sunshine ahead of tonight's UEFA Cup clash with Avenir Beggen.
With a 7pm kick off, there was plenty of time for sight-seeing, drinking - and practising the Tractor Boys chant.
The team arrived at Luxembourg's Findel airport yesterday, although some fans left it until this morning to touch down in the Grand Duchy in the Low Countries.
Others had made the journey by coach from Portman Road or made their own way across to mainland Europe.
You may also want to watch:
With time to kill, Town fans were enjoying getting to grips with a new currency - the euro.
This was the Tractor Boys' first competitive European game since the notes came into circulation earlier this year.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Rick Wakeman joins Ipswich Hospital Band as Patron
Tonight's match, at Luxembourg's national stadium, will provide a good test for Town's European credentials and they will be eager to avoid slipping up - as Manchester United did last night.