Far right party not wanted here
YOU are wasting your time and will not get any support here.That was the message today from a leading Capel St Mary councillor after residents received leaflets from the far right British National Party.
YOU are wasting your time and will not get any support here.
That was the message today from a leading Capel St Mary councillor after residents received leaflets from the far right British National Party.
The BNP has targeted East Anglia as a potential area where it can gain some seats in next year's European elections.
Over the last few days, the extreme political party has delivered a series of leaflets through the doors of Capel St Mary houses.
The leaflet says: "If you vote for Lib-Lab-Con, you vote for crime and anarchy on the streets.
"The British National Party is the party of law and order – the only party in Britain that will stand up to the criminals and protect the public."
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
But Gerald White, leader of the parish council in Capel St Mary believes the political party will not be popular in Suffolk.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR