Fatal accident near Cambridge
A PERSON has died following a road collision near Cambridge.The accident happened at about 11.45am today on the M11 near to the junction with the A14 at Bar Hill.
A PERSON has died following a collision on the A14 near Cambridge.
The accident happened at about 11.45am yesterday on the west bound carriageway near to the junction with the M11 at Girton.
Stretches of both roads were expected to be closed until at least 7.30pm, causing major disruptions for motorists.
The accident is believed to have occurred when a car hit the central reservation and flipped over several times.
At least one lorry was also involved in the collision.
The driver ofthe lorry sustained life-threatening injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
The identity of those in the vehicles is not yet known but it is thought a green Citroen Xsara Picasso was also involved in the collision.
Fire crews spent several hours cutting injured parties from the wreckage but one person was pronounced dead at the scene.