Fatal accident near Cambridge
A PERSON has died following a road collision near Cambridge.The accident happened at about 11.45am today on the M11 near to the junction with the A14 at Bar Hill.
A PERSON has died following a collision on the A14 near Cambridge.
The accident happened at about 11.45am yesterday on the west bound carriageway near to the junction with the M11 at Girton.
Stretches of both roads were expected to be closed until at least 7.30pm, causing major disruptions for motorists.
The accident is believed to have occurred when a car hit the central reservation and flipped over several times.
You may also want to watch:
At least one lorry was also involved in the collision.
The driver ofthe lorry sustained life-threatening injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
The identity of those in the vehicles is not yet known but it is thought a green Citroen Xsara Picasso was also involved in the collision.
Fire crews spent several hours cutting injured parties from the wreckage but one person was pronounced dead at the scene.