Father and daughter guilty of incest
A FATHER and daughter from Lowestoft have been found guilty of incest.Judge John Holt told Graham Spinks and Kerry Spinks that they should not rule out being sent to prison for committing this "serious offence".
A FATHER and daughter from Lowestoft have been found guilty of incest.
Judge John Holt told Graham Spinks and Kerry Spinks that they should not rule out being sent to prison for committing this "serious offence".
The jury of seven women and five men at Ipswich Crown Court took less than two hours to reach its verdict.
Jurors heard that Graham, 48 had a long spent criminal record for petty crimes more than 23 years ago. Kerry, 24, was of previous good character.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Holt said: "I will make orders for pre-sentence reports in each case. Sentencing might well be adjourned for some weeks but I need to say to the defendants something about what is going to happen.
"You have both been convicted of serious offences, you know you are at risk of going to prison, please do not think you are safe from a prison sentence."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
Sentencing was adjourned until the week beginning October 7.
Graham and Kerry both of Cleveland Road, were released on bail and told to spend the time "giving thought to their children's future."
During the trial the Ipswich Crown Court jury heard scientific evidence that Graham was "very likely" to be Kerry's natural father.
The jury was told that the pair had a sexual relationship which resulted in the birth of their son earlier this year.
Graham and Kerry said, although Kerry always called Graham dad, neither of them really believed he was her natural father.