Father of Jessica Rudland releases video diary of her time in critical care
- Credit: Archant
The father of a young Ipswich mother living with a brain injury has released a video of her time in critical care.
Chris Rudland’s ‘Dad’s Diary’ documents his daughter Jessica’s 29-day journey through Ipswich Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit and at Papworth Everard Hospital.
Jessica, 24, was rushed to Ipswich Hospital’s accident and emergency department in August 2015 after complaining of shortness of breath, coughing and a raised heartbeat just 15 days after giving birth to her son Lewin.
She suffered a cardiac arrest and later spent 13 days in a coma.
Mr Rudland said she had made huge progress since her time in hospital but still has difficulties with balance and walking.
An enquiry is currently underway into the care she received at the accident and emergency department and the hospital’s subsequent investigation.In a Facebook post, he said: “We’ve all been through so much not least Jessica and Lewin and I’m sure all of the followers of the “Dad’s Diary” will remember the desperate wait for Jessica to wake up from her Coma 23 days into her Critical Care.
You may also want to watch:
“Probably most of you will also have experienced your very own share of heartaches before or since that time and we send our love to all of you who have been bereaved or lost love ones.
“With Jessica’s express permission I have compiled clips from my video diary which will be ongoing and segmented into chapters as Jessica recovers and Lewin grows.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
“We will title this ‘Jessica’s Story.’
“We hope this video will help raise awareness about VTE and sepsis, these leading postnatal killers can be overlooked even after an uncomplicated pregnancy.”