Lark in the Park returns to Ipswich this Sunday
A much-loved family fun day that has been going for almost two decades will be returning to Ipswich this weekend.
Lark in the Park – understood to be in its 18th year – will be held this Sunday from 11am to 4.30pm in Gippeswyk Park.
The event is organised by the Chantry Residents’ Association.
Families will be able to enjoy tombolas, karate, dance performances, donkey rides and penalty shoot outs.
There will also be plenty of food on offer, including Caribbean and Turkish delicacies.
Charles Moore, chairman of the Chantry Residents’ Association, said around 1,500 people were expected to flock to the event throughout the day.
When asked why the association continues to put on Lark in the Park each year, Mr Moore said: “While people keep asking we will keep giving.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 5 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 8 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
Entry to Lark in the Park is free.