Fear as chimney exploded
A PENSIONER has today spoken of her terror when her chimney exploded while she sat reading in her living room.Edith Nunn, of Foxhall Road, Ipswich, had just turned the TV off last night when there was an enormous bang.
A PENSIONER has today spoken of her terror when her chimney exploded while she sat reading in her living room.
Edith Nunn, of Foxhall Road, Ipswich, had just turned the TV off last night when there was an enormous bang.
She said: "I thought the house had been hit by lightening.
"But then a load of dust came from the chimney breast so I called the fire brigade."
You may also want to watch:
The explosion happened shortly after 10.30pm.
She said: "It was all very frightening and I am still shaking now."
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
Miss Nunn had to spend the night at a neighbour's house after firefighters declared the house unsafe to spend the night in.
She added: "I don't know when I will be allowed to go back properly but I will pop back today just to see what damage has been done."
Firefighters spent an hour at the house and police closed Foxhall Road off briefly between Alan Road and Ruskin Road.