Fear as chimney exploded
A PENSIONER has today spoken of her terror when her chimney exploded while she sat reading in her living room.Edith Nunn, of Foxhall Road, Ipswich, had just turned the TV off last night when there was an enormous bang.
A PENSIONER has today spoken of her terror when her chimney exploded while she sat reading in her living room.
Edith Nunn, of Foxhall Road, Ipswich, had just turned the TV off last night when there was an enormous bang.
She said: "I thought the house had been hit by lightening.
"But then a load of dust came from the chimney breast so I called the fire brigade."
You may also want to watch:
The explosion happened shortly after 10.30pm.
She said: "It was all very frightening and I am still shaking now."
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 4 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 9 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 10 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
Miss Nunn had to spend the night at a neighbour's house after firefighters declared the house unsafe to spend the night in.
She added: "I don't know when I will be allowed to go back properly but I will pop back today just to see what damage has been done."
Firefighters spent an hour at the house and police closed Foxhall Road off briefly between Alan Road and Ruskin Road.