Felixstowe: Bikers heading to the seaside for a great day out
ORGANISERS of a popular motorcycle festival in Felixstowe are today calling for people in the county to turn up to the event and show their support.
The Felixstowe Motorcycle Show takes place tomorrow with a range of stalls set to be on show and dealers offering tips and advice on how people can improve their bikes.
The show is set to dominate the town centre from the Triangle to Bank Corner and Paul Armbruster, one of the organisers of the show, is looking forward to the day.
He said: “It will be a good family day out.
“You can go up the town, have a coffee and look in the shops. It’s a good chance to come down for a day by the sea.”
A number of different brands and dealers will also be out in force throughout the day including Vespa, Ducati and Triumph – there will also be live entertainment.
The event is also set to raise funds for charity with proceeds going to St Elizabeth Hospice.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 5 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 6 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 7 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 8 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 9 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
Mr Armbruster added: “Even if the weather is not perfect, I hope people will come along and support the charity.”
As well as the show, there will also be a motorcycle run from Stonham Barns to Felixstowe on Sunday which will be raising funds for the hospice.
The show is due to take place between 10am and 4pm.
Free parking will be available for motorbikes at the Crescent Road car park. Entry to the show is free.