Felixstowe: Community stalwarts honoured for their work
- Credit: Archant
Hardworking volunteers who give their lives to serve their communities have been honoured with special awards.
Mayor of Felixstowe Mike Deacon presented six Mayor’s Awards to individuals to mark a wide variety of outstanding community work across many decades.
He said they were the heartbeat of the community and their dedication was phenomenal, and it was their hard work – and that of many others across the resort – which kept the town’s voluntary organisations, vital services, clubs and societies ticking.
Mr Deacon said: “The work these volunteers do is tremendous.
“They give up their spare time to help others and to work for our town, organising events, campaigning and providing services and more.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an incredibly hard decision to pick six winners when we had so many strong nominations – there were so many others equally as good.
“Without our volunteers, the town would grind to a standstill.”
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 3 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 4 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 5 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
- 6 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 7 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 8 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 9 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 10 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
The town council also presented a shield for an outstanding organisation – the winners this year Felixstowe Carnival Association.
Certificates of merit were also awarded to Art on the Prom and Sanctuary Housing.