Felixstowe: Entertainments boss features in hit Inbetweeners film
A local businessman has become something of a minor celebrity after appearing in a box office hit.
Charlie Manning, 33, who owns Manning’s Amusements with his family, was delighted after he got to play an extra part in The Inbetweeners film, which has been at the top of the UK box office for a month.
Mr Manning was sent an invitation through Facebook to take part in casting for the film and after sending photos to the movie’s bosses he was sent to Majorca to take part during the pool scene.
He said: “I watched the series on TV and thought it would be quite a fun project. We didn’t meet the guys [main characters] but there were about 50 of us doing all the poolside scenes – it was really fun.”
Despite the film looking like it took place in the middle of summer, it could not be further from the truth as Mr Manning revealed the temperature outdoors and in the pool was far from warm.
“It was the start of March and we had to be on set every day from six in the morning until 6pm or 7pm. I had to dive into the pool – it was pretty cold – it was like an English summer.”
While Mr Manning admitted filming in Majorca in March was great fun he added that his favourite part was finally seeing the film on the big screen.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 8 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
“The best bit was seeing the end result and watching the film. I’ve had a few messages from friends asking if it was me in the film.”
n What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or you can e-mail eveningstar firstname.lastname@example.org