Felixstowe: Fundraisers edge closer to target for Alana’s new wheelchair after charity event
A family’s dream of getting their daughter the new wheelchair she desperately needs is close to becoming a reality today after a successful charity event.
More than 50 people turned out to the Felsto Arms pub in Felixstowe on Sunday to support Alana Ranger, 12, who needs a new specialist wheelchair for when she is out with her family and needs changing. The chair will cost about �2,800.
The weekend charity event went on from noon until midnight on Sunday and included a 12-hour darts marathon, leg waxing, a raffle and hair shaving.
The final amount raised has not yet been calculated but Louise Ranger, Alana’s mum, believes they will be very close to the target.
“It was such a good day,” said Louise.
“There were so many people there, it was absolutely heaving. I was such an emotional wreck.”
The Rangers turned to the Newlife charity for help in getting Alana the new chair and so far nearly �1,500 has been donated towards Alana’s cause through the charity, which provides equipment for disabled children.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 8 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 9 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
Mrs Ranger added: “I want to say a big thank you to everybody that came and gave some money.”
If you would like to donate money directly to Alana’s cause, visit www.newlifecharity.co.uk, click on donate now and then click on the button to donate to a local appeal.