Felixstowe: Meeting date announced for Walton Green Tesco debate
- Credit: Archant
PROPOSALS for a new Tesco superstore, nearly 400 homes, business units, café and community facilities are set to be discussed in public this month.
Town councillors will be giving their views on the project for Walton Green and land on the opposite side of Walton High Street at the special meeting.
Members of the plans committee will hold the meeting on Thursday, February 28 at 9.30am.
“In anticipation of a potentially higher level of interest from members of the public wishing to attend this plans committee meeting, it was agreed that the meeting should be held at the Orwell Hotel, Hamilton Road, Felixstowe,” said a spokeswoman for Felixstowe Town Council.
“The normal plans committee protocol will apply, with the meeting open to members of the public, with no right of speech.”
Written representations will be accepted if they are sent to the clerk Caroline Barrett beforehand and councillors will consider these as part of their deliberations.
Suffolk Coastal council will make the final decision on the applications for the two sites – though this is not expected to be for some months yet.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 4 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 5 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 6 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 9 Driver fined £100 after accidentally entering wrong date on car park app
- 10 Talented young DJ collaborates with Ipswich cocktail bar after debut in London nightclub
Landowners Trinity College, Cambridge, have submitted a planning application for 190 homes on the south side of Walton High Street, next door to where the new Felixstowe Academy is being built.
Meanwhile, the Walton Green Partnership – comprising the college and Tesco – is applying for consent for 170 to 200 homes on the 30-acre field opposite, along with the 30,000sq ft supermarket, 17 business units, three live/work units, allotments and a community building suitable for a variety of uses.