Felixstowe: Police trace car stolen in robbery
FELIXSTOWE: Police are today continuing their investigation after a young woman was left “extremely shaken” when three men burst into her home and threatened her before making off with valuable items.
But officers have reassured the public that extra patrols are being made in the area and they have tracked down a car stolen in the incident.
The 32-year-old was at home, which is just off Grange Road, at around 7.45pm on Monday evening when three black men forced their way in and threatened her.
They left only after stealing a number of items from her home, including a dark blue Vauxhall Vectra with a registration number P864 SNM.
But the car was later recovered by police at around 12.50am after it was found in the Felixstowe area.
The woman was not injured in the robbery but was left “extremely shaken by her ordeal”.
Police have been sending out letters to residents in the surrounding houses appealing for any witnesses to the incident to come forward, as well as looking through CCTV and gathering statements.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 7 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
This incident comes shortly after a spate of armed robberies in the Felixstowe and Trimley area, targeting Ladbrokes in Undercliff Road West, Premier Express in Beach Station Road, and Greening’s in Faulkener’s Way, Trimley St Mary, and leaving two of the culprits behind bars.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “Officers are aware these incidents may have caused concern to residents.
“However two armed robbers have been convicted in the past week for separate incidents in Felixstowe and detectives are working to try to trace those responsible for more recent crimes.
“There are ongoing enquiries and additional patrols are being made in the town.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the robbery in Grange Road to contact DS Andrew Smethurst at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.